e-Visa now more tourist friendly with these changes!
New Delhi: The e-Tourist Visa which was introduced in September 2014 with 46 countries has now been made applicable for 166 countries. Recently, the government has made a series of amendments in the e-visa regime, making it more tourist friendly. It may be noted that The Ministry of Tourism has been working very closely with the Ministry of Home Affairs for easing of the Visa Regime in the country over a period of time.
These are the modifications made by the government in the e-Visa regime
2. The existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times has also been removed.
1. On e-Tourist Visa continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
2. In case of nationals of the USA, UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
3. In all cases, no registration will be required.
Changes in e-Business Visa:
2. No registration will be required if the stay is for a period of less than 180 days.
1. e-Visa is valid for entry through 2 (two) more designated Airports (Bhubaneswar and Port Blair) raising the total number of such airports to 28.
4. Visa-on-Arrival facility extended to the nationals of the Republic of Korea.